Engineering Division Gives Importance to Training
The Training and Management Development activities comprise the continuous process in integrating the needs of the organization with those of the individuals for growth and development. Training & Development needs are identified and discussed with the Head of the Departments, Annual Training Calendars are prepared and Programs and Workshops are organized periodically.
Some of our external training programs:
- The engineering division nominated two employees for an Advance Diploma, one-year full-time course in Industrial Safety Management at the College of Fire Engineering and Safety Management, recognized by MSBTE and DTE.
- 25 engineers for metro bogie chassis international certification were nominated for the EN 15085 training.
- Welding Procedure & Reference Standards
- Welding Qualification: Covered topics on the position of welding torch, welding life, importance of welder classification,
advantages, safety, improvement, customer satisfaction, good quality welding, time saving, continual improvement and team work.
- Welding Coordinator Training: Trainees were trained on the visual inspection process, acceptance criteria and on using different types of standards.
- Welding Visual Testing: Information was provided on visual inspection to improve product quality. Learning about NDT methods such as MPT, DP and visual testing were also included. In total, 13 engineers qualified for Visual Testing ASNT Level II Certificate.
Some of our internal training programs:
- Basics of Hydraulics, Pumps and Bearings - Uses, application & types: The basics of hydraulics like pumps and motor valves were covered.
- Functional skills are given equal importance. Soft skill training such as personality development, communication, teamwork, improving workplace behaviour, planning and organizing are imparted as a continuous learning process. Individuals are encouraged to
learn from the marketplace and customer project sites through site visits and interaction.
“Premier has entered exports and supplies various structural and forging parts. We are satisfied in terms of
quality rate commitment and deliveries—till date, eight shipments have been shipped successfully.”
Lagerwey Wind Ltd.
- The Engineering Division is powered by a highly qualified, experienced and specifically trained designers. Innovation is a constant mantra in the development of solid edge packages for designing jigs, fixtures and other tooling.
- Our welders are fully certified in accordance with DIN Standards for all SMAW, GTAW, FCAW and SAW welding processes.
- Our ASNT level II personnel for Ultrasonic Tests, Radiographic Tests, Penetrant Tests and Magnetic Particle Tests adhere to and ensure complete compliance to American Society Non Destructive Test Standards.
- In addition, Premier’s Engineering department ensures 100% quality control via third party inspection by Tata Projects Ltd. to monitor all the manufacturing processes – from raw material procurement, plate cutting, fit-up, welding, NDT of welding, machine drilling and tapping, and painting and packing. At Premier Engineering, we leave nothing to chance.